A Public Meeting House & Conference Center
Jay and Margaret Stern left their beautiful home on the outskirts of Parkersburg, West Virginia, to the Interactivity Foundation to use as a meeting space for the Foundation’s activities and as a public meeting space for the broader community. Following minor renovations and re-decorating in 2009-2010, the home is now used for IF meetings and is also available to community groups and others for meetings and small conference activities.
- A conference room, with beautiful window views of the surrounding woods, dry wipe board, and boardroom seating for 10
- A larger, living room meeting space with sofa and lounge chair seating for 10-15
- Two additional, smaller meeting rooms in the lower level that can each accommodate smaller groups of 5-8
- Outdoor deck and seating areas
- An office work space with computer and printer (internet access and Wifi available)
- A full kitchen
- Quiet, campus-like setting with views of surrounding woods and creek. The house is located at the end of a residential cul-de-sac and directly adjacent to a larger nature preserve (also donated by the Sterns).
Additional views of the Stern Sanctuary House are available in the following photo Gallery.
Community groups and others interested in finding out more or reserving meeting space at the Stern Sanctuary House are encouraged to contact Jennifer Casto, IF’s office manager, for details and to check on availability.