What do you think is at the heart of being a democratic citizen? In a self-governing society, what could it mean to be a full participant, to be a democratic citizen?
Please join us on Thursday, June 17, 2021, from 2 – 3:30 pm (ET) for an online small-group discussion exploring our visions for democratic citizenship. We are organizing this event in partnership with IONA Senior Services in Washington, DC. You can register for this free discussion on Eventbrite. Register on Eventbrite
We will explore:
- What is at the heart of being a democratic citizen?
- What do you think the future for democratic citizenship should be?
- How could we make that possible? What could be some of the different roles, powers, and responsibilities?
- Generous–we listen first and help build on each other’s ideas
- Bold–we help each other stretch our imaginations and expand our perspectives
- Fun–we are here to connect with one another in an enjoyable conversation, not an argument or debate
We focus on facilitated small-group conversations to help each other to imagine positive possibilities for the future.