The core question we will explore is: How is technology enabling democracy and how is it hindering it?
We are also likely to discuss some of these related questions:
- What is the impact of technology on our personal lives? How does it effect our self-determination and communications?
- What should be the role of artificial intelligence in our society?
- What principles should we consider when technology is used in our judicial system?
- How might we restrict technology when we consider its societal impacts and unintended consequences?
- What policies could we adopt with regard to technology to make our democracy work better?
This discussion series is inspired by Dr. Jack Byrd’s writings on the topic, which we will share with you shortly before each event. This free online discussion series is organized with the support of IONA Senior Services in Washington, DC.
We will meet via Zoom.